Cooked and written by Saki A
6 medium eggs
1 tsp garlic granules
1/2 tsp salt & pepper
6 small tortilla wraps
6 tsp sun-dried tomato paste
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl, then add the garlic granules, salt and pepper, and give everything a good mix.
2. Put a small non-stick frying pan on medium heat, and drizzle in 2 teaspoons of oil.
3. Pour 3 tablespoons of the egg mixture into the pan. Optional: mix in other toppings that you want in your eggs (i.e. mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, cilantro)
4. Take a tortilla wrap and spread it with a teaspoon of sun-dried tomato paste.
5. Quickly put the tortilla on top of the egg, paste side down.Cook for no more than 30 seconds, then, as soon as the egg has glued itself to the tortilla, flip over and cook on the other side just to warm it through for another 30 seconds.
6. Take the pan off the heat and put the tortilla/egg on a plate. Roll the whole thing when it is cool enough to touch. Optional: Add cilantro and cayenne pepper.
A bingeable Netflix show: Nadiya's Time to Eat
Looking for a new Netflix show? I will highly recommend Nadiya Hussain's cooking show, which inspired me to cook these egg rolls that she was making on the show! She will show you all the nifty tricks to make cooking easier and more fun, as we don't always have hours to prepare for each meal (perhaps, maybe we do during quarantine!). Her creations are beautiful, the cinematography is great, and each episode is only 30 min long.
Who's Nadiya? Nadiya is the winner of the Great British Bake Off in 2015 and the author of the cook book "Time to Eat" which the Netflix show is based on. In Bangladesh, where her family is from, desserts are not considered a big feature of mealtimes. For example, her father's restaurant only served ice cream as an option for dessert. Curious to learn and get exposed to the making of other desserts, Nadiya was encouraged by her economics teacher to develop her own skills. And guess what? Today she is revered as an innovative baker and chef. Always gotta dream big.
Recipe adapted from https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/nadiya-hussains-egg-rolls
Nadiya Hussain's website: https://www.nadiyahussain.com